How To Programe The G&H 8 Button Remote Control
Friday, 21 August 2015 | Admin
G&H Remote Control Handset- How to programe into your sky. tv/dvd contoller
The G&H eight button hand held control unit can control up to 7 individual light circuits the 8th will then control all circuit altogther in one go.
You can either turn the lights on/off or hold down the button to dim, just the same if were at the light switch where you would leave your finger on the light switch to dim the lights as opposed to twisting the dimming knob.
Alternately you can control your light with sky, tv, dvd or audio controller, simply pick a button that is rarely used and you can program the button into the remote dimming light circuit.
The instructions are as follows:
Dimmers with an "eye" in the middle of the sensor are pre- programmed to respond to button 1 and button 8 on the G&H remote control handset. Alternatively, the dimmer with the "eye" on the middle of the senor can be programmed to respond to any of the buttons 1 to 7 on the G&H remote or any other remote control handset you already use at home. If there is a button that you do not currently use then you can useit to control the dimmer by following steps carefully.
1. To set the dimmer into learning mode, after it is initalized, tap the senor 6 times, roughly once per second. ( each tep causes the light to turn on or off. After 6 taps on the sensor the lights will step up and down once and go off.
2. Within 15 seconds and froma distance of less than 1 meter (3 feet) away, pointing directly at the "eye" press and hold down the chosen button, releasing after holding the button down for at least 2 seconds. The Light(s) will turn off and on.
3. To confirm your choice, press and hold down the same button again releasing after holding the button down again for at least 2 seconds. If the programming has been successful, the lights will turn on and off. The light then step up and down once confirm. Try controlling the dimmer with the remote control. If it does not respond return to step 1 above and try again, If the problem persists, try a different button, a different remote control unit ot purchase the G&H Controller.
4. You can use this button on the remote control to operate the dimmer. As with the touch sensor, a single touch on the remote control button will turn the light(s) on and off. Holding the button down will make the brightness cycle up and down. To change the direction of the dimming cycle remove contact from the button when the desired light level is reached. The dimmer can still operate using the touch sensor
5. For 2 gang models, repeat steps 1 to 4 for each sensor, teaching each one to a different button so you can control each one separately. You can change your choice of control button by following steps 1 to 4 again at any time.